Hello, my dear friends. It’s been awhile, I know…I’ve missed you. My life has been turned a bit upside down over the past few weeks and, as much as I wanted to, I just could not find the time to sit down and write to you to share with you my new cookie obsession… three layers of chocolate flavor… plus a hint of pink Himalayan sea salt… you’ll swoon. Trust me on this one.
I have an even deeper appreciation for these cookies after the last few weeks. Sometimes, there is truly great comfort in food, and as long as that stays within healthy boundaries, I see nothing wrong with that. Find joy in anything that fills your heart and do so without apology. Chocolate has always, ALWAYS been a source of comfort for me. Bad day at work? Chocolate. Feeling down? Chocolate. Period woes? Definitely chocolate. I’m not quite ready to share what has been transpiring in my personal life to make it so crazy, but in time, I will. However, I will tell you that chocolate (and peanut butter) have been welcomed with open arms. Change is hard…
These cookies are everything you would expect them to be based on their name alone… and more. Soft. Chewy. Sweet and salty perfection with copious amounts of heavenly chocolate… if there was ever a cookie meant to soothe your tired soul, dare I say this is THE ONE. These were so good I eventually had to take them ALL to work because I was going to eat every last one by myself if I didn’t get them out of the house. Sometimes, self-control is not my strong suit… there are worse things than eating a whole bunch of chocolate cookies, right? Right. I knew we were friends for a reason. 🙂
Salted Triple Chocolate Cookies
Salted Triple Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 C almond butter
1 1/2 C coconut sugar
1 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
1 C almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp tapioca flour
3/4 C cocoa powder
3 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt, plus more for sprinkling if desired
1 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets with nonstick coconut oil cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream together the almond butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and continue mixing until well-combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on medium speed until well-incorporated but not over-mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop mounds of cookie dough onto prepared sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges and tops are set. I removed when cookies were still slightly underdone because 1- they continue to cook as they cool on the baking sheet and 2-gooey chocolate.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Or enjoy warm for a melty chocolate delight.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Enjoy!
These cookies are legitimately perfect in every way. Every. Single. One. The almond butter brings so much moisture and our powerhouse Paleo flour blend delivers once again. Two kinds of chocolate chips plus decadent cocoa powder… seriously. What’s not to love? Definitely thinking I may need to make a batch of these this weekend… Because typing has led to temptation.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we all did. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Find me on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and tell me your food takes on these bites of chocolate delight.